Registered Civil Marriage Celebrant

Member: Association of Civil Marriage Celebrants of Victoria Inc.

Home | Weddings | Renewal of Vows | Namings | FAQs | Links | Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions ...

What do your fees cover?

Unlimited meetings with couple
Unlimited telephone and/or email consultations with the couple to ensure the ceremony is arranged to their satisfaction.
Writing of the ceremony and preparation of a professional-style ceremony booklet as a keepsake
Rehearsal of ceremony
Use of Professional PA/Sound system
Use of cloth-covered table & chairs for the signing of the register and certificates
Travel of up to 100 kms

What do I need to bring to the initial appointment?

If born in Australia - Birth certificate/Extract of Entry;

If born overseas - Birth certificate or Passport showing date & place of birth.
If previously married, death certificates of previous spouse or certicate of divorce from any previous marriages.

Current Photo ID

Do we have to have a Bridesmaid or Best Man?

No. You may have none or as many attendants as you wish. You are however required by law to have two witnesses, over the age of 18 years, and their role is to witness/sign your marriage certificate at the end of the service.

How much notice must be given prior to the wedding?

The legal requirement is that you have to give at least one month's notice of the intent to marry, and not more than eighteen months prior to the marriage.

Can we write our own vows?

Yes, you are free to write your own vows. However, there are certain legal requirements that must be said by the the Celebrant to ensure that the marriage is legal.

Can we get married where we like?

Yes. There are many places you can choose to be married. However, if you do not own the location you will need to seek permission from the owner or local council.

Home | Weddings | Renewal of Vows | Namings | FAQs | Links | Contact Us